Jean-Christophe (Chris) Golaz
Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry group
Research Interests: Cloud and boundary layer parameterization
My research interests focus on the development of cloud and boundary layer parameterizations for large-scale atmospheric models. Large eddy simulations (LES) are used extensively to help with the formulation of such parameterizations.
- Ph.D., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University.
- M. S., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University.
- B. S., Physics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- My parameterization work is developed in collaboration with Vince Larson at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Is your Fortran 90 program not behaving the way you think it should? Check out Mistakes in Fortran 90 Programs That Might Surprise You
- Beautiful cloud images at the UCAR Digital Image Library
- More cloud images at the Wolken Atlas