Ronald J. Stouffer
Links of interest
- Climate and Ecosystems Group Home Page
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- My publications
- Highlighted paper on heat stress/labor loss
My primary research interest is the study of climate mainly using models. I study climate change, the present climate and past climates.
Current research projects
- Development and use of an Earth System Model
GFDL has developed 2 new models that include a subcomponent model of the carbon cycle. This new component allows interactions between climate and vegetation on land and plants and animals in the oceans. We are using the 2 new ESMs in the CMIP5/AR5 activities and for other science projects.
- Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP)
Stouffer has been the CMIP Panel chair since 2006. Karl Taylor (PCMDI), Jerry Meehl and Ron Stouffer have lead an effort to develop the experimental design for CMIP5. See the CMIP5 web pages at PCMDI for more information.