How to get Help
If you’re having trouble with the GFDL web site or need to contact someone regarding a question you have about the web site, please email the webmaster. You can also call 609-452-6500 to reach GFDL personnel or browse the staff directory.
If you’re planning on visiting the lab, check out our Visiting GFDL page with all the information you’ll need for a successful trip to the lab. Our address is located at the bottom of every page of our web site.
For GFDL Employees
GFDL employees in need of IT assistance can use the following methods to reach the Help Desk:
- Send email to email@example.com.Your request will be entered into GFDL Help Desk and directed to the staff member best able to answer
- Call Computer Operations at 609-452-6560.
To see the current operational status of the lab, visit the GFDL Notices page.
To see the password policy, click here.
Help with Remote Access
- Putty documentation – A program that provides registered users with secure remote access to GFDL computing resources. PuTTY is a free Implementation of SSH
- Proxy documentation – A method to access GFDL’s Internal web pages from outside GFDL,
- VNC documentation – Provides a full-function XWindows environment for remote computing after logging in using PuTTY or SSH.