GFDL - Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Skip to content
GFDL papers based primarily on climate projections and historical simulations in GFDL AR5 models (CM3, ESM2M, ESM2G, CM2.5, HiRAM) – other than basic model description papers
- Doi, Takeshi, Gabriel A Vecchi, Anthony Rosati, and Thomas L Delworth, June 2013: Response to CO2 doubling of the Atlantic Hurricane Main Development Region in a High-Resolution Climate Model. Journal of Climate, 26(12), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00110.1.
- Dunne, John P., Ronald J Stouffer, and Jasmin John, June 2013: Reductions in labour capacity from heat stress under climate warming. Nature Climate Change, 3(6), DOI:10.1038/nclimate1827.(ESM2M)
- Fan, Yalin, Isaac M Held, Shian-Jiann Lin, and X L Wang, August 2013: Ocean Warming Effect on Surface Gravity Wave Climate Change for the End of the 21st Century. Journal of Climate, 26(16), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00410.1.(HiRAM)
- Gerber, S, L O Hedin, S G Keel, S W Pacala, and Elena Shevliakova, October 2013: Land-use change and nitrogen feedbacks constrain the trajectory of the land carbon sink. Geophysical Research Letters, 40(19), DOI:10.1002/grl.50957.(ESM2)
- Hallberg, Robert W., Alistair Adcroft, John P Dunne, John P Krasting, and Ronald J Stouffer, May 2013: Sensitivity of Twenty-First-Century Global-Mean Steric Sea Level Rise to Ocean Model Formulation. Journal of Climate, 26(9), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00506.1.
- Kapnick, S B., and Thomas L Delworth, August 2013: Controls of Global Snow Under a Changed Climate. Journal of Climate, 26(15), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00528.1.(CM2.5)
- Lau, Ngar-Cheung, and Jeff J Ploshay, December 2013: Model projections of the changes in atmospheric circulation and surface climate over North America, North Atlantic and Europe in the 21st century. Journal of Climate, 26(23), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-13-00151.1.(HiRAM, CM3)
- Lee, Hyun-Chul, Thomas L Delworth, Anthony Rosati, Rong Zhang, Whit G Anderson, Fanrong Zeng, Charles A Stock, Anand Gnanadesikan, Keith W Dixon, and Stephen M Griffies, January 2013: Impact of climate warming on upper layer of the Bering Sea. Climate Dynamics, 40(1-2), DOI:10.1007/s00382-012-1301-8.
- Levy II, Hiram, Larry W Horowitz, M Daniel Schwarzkopf, Yi Ming, J-C Golaz, Vaishali Naik, and V Ramaswamy, May 2013: The Roles of Aerosol Direct and Indirect Effects in Past and Future Climate Change. Journal of Geophysical Research, 118, DOI:10.1002/jgrd.50192.
- Rugenstein, M, Michael Winton, Ronald J Stouffer, Stephen M Griffies, and Robert W Hallberg, January 2013: Northern high latitude heat budget decomposition and transient warming. Journal of Climate, 26(2), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00695.1.
- Winton, Michael, Alistair Adcroft, Stephen M Griffies, Robert W Hallberg, Larry W Horowitz, and Ronald J Stouffer, January 2013: Influence of ocean and atmosphere components on simulated climate sensitivities. Journal of Climate, 26(1), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00121.1.(ESM2)
- Winton, Michael, Stephen M Griffies, Bonita L Samuels, Jorge L Sarmiento, and Thomas L Frolicher, April 2013: Connecting Changing Ocean Circulation with Changing Climate. Journal of Climate, 26(7), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00296.1.(ESM2)
- Yang, Xiaosong, Anthony Rosati, Shaoqing Zhang, Thomas L Delworth, Rich Gudgel, Rong Zhang, Gabriel A Vecchi, Whit G Anderson, You-Soon Chang, T DelSole, Keith W Dixon, Rym Msadek, William F Stern, Andrew T Wittenberg, and Fanrong Zeng, January 2013: A predictable AMO-like pattern in GFDL’s fully-coupled ensemble initialization and decadal forecasting system. Journal of Climate, 26(2), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00231.1.(CM2.1)
- Zhao, Ming, Isaac M Held, and Gabriel A Vecchi, et al., September 2013: Robust direct effect of increasing atmospheric CO2 concentration on global tropical cyclone frequency: a multi-model inter-comparison. U.S. CLIVAR Variations, 11(3), 17-23.(HiRAM)
- Delworth, Thomas L., Anthony Rosati, Whit G Anderson, Alistair Adcroft, Ventakramani Balaji, Rusty Benson, Keith W Dixon, Stephen M Griffies, Hyun-Chul Lee, Ronald C Pacanowski, Gabriel A Vecchi, Andrew T Wittenberg, Fanrong Zeng, and Rong Zhang, April 2012: Simulated climate and climate change in the GFDL CM2.5 high-resolution coupled climate model. Journal of Climate, 25(8), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00316.1.(CM2.5)
- Fan, Yalin, Shian-Jiann Lin, Isaac M Held, Zhitao Yu, and H L Tolman, September 2012: Global Ocean Surface Wave Simulation using a Coupled Atmosphere-Wave Model. Journal of Climate, 25(18), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00621.1.(HiRAM)
- Gnanadesikan, Anand, John P Dunne, and Jasmin John, March 2012: Understanding why the volume of suboxic waters does not increase over centuries of global warming in an Earth System Model. Biogeosciences, 9(3), DOI:10.5194/bg-9-1159-2012.(ESM2)
- John, Jasmin, Arlene M Fiore, Vaishali Naik, Larry W Horowitz, and John P Dunne, December 2012: Climate versus emission drivers of methane lifetime from 1860-2100. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 12(24), DOI:10.5194/acp-12-12021-2012.(CM3)
- Lau, Ngar-Cheung, and Mary Jo Nath, July 2012: A Model Study of Heat Waves over North America: Meteorological Aspects and Projections for the 21st Century. Journal of Climate, 25(14), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00575.1.
- Zhao, Ming, and Isaac M Held, April 2012: TC-permitting GCM simulations of hurricane frequency response to sea surface temperature anomalies projected for the late 21st century. Journal of Climate, 25(8), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00313.1.(HiRAM)