- Coupled data assimilation
- Climate model parameter optimization
- Climate prediction and predictability
Publications: before 2001
- Zou, X., K. Sriskandarajah, W. Yu and S. Zhang, 2001: Eliminating finite-amplitude non-physical oscillation in the time evolution of adjoint model solutions introduced by the leapfrog time-integration scheme. Tellus, 35A, pp578-584.
- Zhang, S., X. Zou, J. Ahlquist, I. M. Navon and J. G. Sela, 2000: Use of differentiable and nondifferentiable optimization algorithms for variational data assimilation with discontinuous cost functions. Mon. Wea. Rev., Vol.129, pp4031-4044.
- Zhang, S. and H. Liu, 1996: Characteristics of mean meridional circulations induced by various forcing factors and their contributions to systematic errors of NWP Model. SCIENTIA ATMOSPHERICA SINICA, No.1, Vol.20
- Zhang, S., H. Liu and G. Wu, 1996: Diagnosis of NWP systematic errors in zonal mean Circulations. ACTA METEOROLOGICA SINICA, No.3, Vol.9
- Ph.D. Florida State University (https://www.fsu.edu/), Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Science (http://www.eoas.fsu.edu/), 2000
- M.S. Florida State University (https://www.fsu.edu/), Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Science (http://www.eoas.fsu.edu/),1998
- B.S. Nanjing University (http://www.nju.edu.cn/html/eng/main.psp), Atmospheric Sciences (http://as.nju.edu.cn/), 1985