GFDL - Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Skip to content
Transient and Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity Publications
- Zhao, Ming, in press: An investigation of the connections between
convection, clouds and climate sensitivity in a Global Climate Model. Journal
of Climate. DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-13-00145.1.
- Bony, S, Isaac M Held, and Stephen M Griffies, et al., September 2013: Carbon
Dioxide and Climate: Perspectives on a Scientific Assessment In Climate
Science for Serving Society Research, Modeling and Prediction Priorities,
- Held, Isaac M., September 2013: Climate science: The cause of the pause.
Nature, 501(7467), DOI:10.1038/501318a.
- Rosenfeld, D, R Wood, Leo J Donner, and S C Sherwood, August 2013: Aerosol
Cloud-Mediated Radiative Forcing: Highly Uncertain and Opposite Effects from
Shallow and Deep Clouds In Climate Science for Serving Society: Research,
Modeling and Prediction Priorities, DOI:10.1007/978-94-007-6692-1_5.
- Levy II, Hiram, Larry W Horowitz, M Daniel Schwarzkopf, Yi Ming, J-C Golaz,
Vaishali Naik, and V Ramaswamy, May 2013: The Roles of Aerosol Direct and Indirect
Effects in Past and Future Climate Change. Journal of Geophysical Research,
- Golaz, J-C, Larry W Horowitz, and Hiram Levy II, May 2013: Cloud tuning
in a coupled climate model: impact on 20th century warming. Geophysical
Research Letters, 40(10), DOI:10.1002/grl.50232.
- Tsushima, Y, and Syukuro Manabe, May 2013: Assessment of radiative feedback
in climate models using satellite observations of annual flux variation.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110(19), DOI:10.1073/pnas.1216174110.
- Winton, Michael, Stephen M Griffies, Bonita L Samuels, Jorge L Sarmiento,
and Thomas L Frolicher, April 2013: Connecting Changing Ocean Circulation with
Changing Climate. Journal of Climate, 26(7), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00296.1.
- Zhang, Rong, Thomas L Delworth, R Sutton, D Hodson, Keith W Dixon, Isaac
M Held, Y Kushnir, D Marshall, Yi Ming, Rym Msadek, J Robson, Anthony Rosati,
Mingfang Ting, and Gabriel A Vecchi, April 2013: Have Aerosols Caused the Observed
Atlantic Multidecadal Variability? Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences,
- Rugenstein, M, Michael Winton, Ronald J Stouffer, Stephen M Griffies, and
Robert W Hallberg, January 2013: Northern high latitude heat budget decomposition
and transient warming. Journal of Climate, 26(2), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00695.1.
- Winton, Michael, Alistair Adcroft, Stephen M Griffies, Robert W Hallberg,
Larry W Horowitz, and Ronald J Stouffer, January 2013: Influence of ocean and
atmosphere components on simulated climate sensitivities. Journal of Climate,
- Delworth, Thomas L., Anthony Rosati, Whit G Anderson, Alistair Adcroft,
Ventakramani Balaji, Rusty Benson, Keith W Dixon, Stephen M Griffies, Hyun-Chul
Lee, Ronald C Pacanowski, Gabriel A Vecchi, Andrew T Wittenberg, Fanrong Zeng,
and Rong Zhang, April 2012: Simulated climate and climate change in the GFDL
CM2.5 high-resolution coupled climate model. Journal of Climate, 25(8),
- Stephen M Griffies, Hyun-Chul Lee, Ronald C Pacanowski, Gabriel A Vecchi,
Andrew T Wittenberg, Fanrong Zeng, and Rong Zhang, April 2012: Simulated climate
and climate change in the GFDL CM2.5 high-resolution coupled climate model.
Journal of Climate, 25(8), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00316.1.
- Held, Isaac M., and K M Shell, April 2012: Using Relative Humidity as a
State Variable in Climate Feedback Analysis. Journal of Climate, 25(8),
- Held, Isaac M., April 2012: Climate science: Constraints on the high end.
Nature Geoscience, 5(4), DOI:10.1038/ngeo1436.
- Golaz, J-C, M Salzmann, Leo J Donner, Larry W Horowitz, Yi Ming, and Ming
Zhao, July 2011: Sensitivity of the aerosol indirect effect to subgrid variability
in the cloud parameterization of the GFDL Atmosphere General Circulation Model
AM3. Journal of Climate, 24(13), DOI:10.1175/2010JCLI3945.1.
- Held, Isaac M., Michael Winton, K Takahashi, Thomas L Delworth, Fanrong
Zeng, and Geoffrey K Vallis, May 2010: Probing the fast and slow components
of global warming by returning abruptly to pre-industrial forcing. Journal
of Climate, 23(9), DOI:10.1175/2009JCLI3466.1
- Winton, Michael, K Takahashi, and Isaac M Held, May 2010: Importance of
ocean heat uptake efficacy to transient climate change. Journal of Climate,