GFDL - Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Skip to content
Weather and Climate Extremes Recent Publications
- Fan, Yalin, Shian-Jiann Lin, Stephen M Griffies, and M A Hemer, May 2014: Simulated Global Swell and Wind Sea Climate and Their responses to Anthropogenic Climate Change at the End of the 21st Century. Journal of Climate, 27(10), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-13-00198.1.
- Lau, Ngar-Cheung, and Mary Jo Nath, May 2014: Model Simulation and Projection of European Heat Waves in Present-Day and Future Climates. Journal of Climate, 27(10), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-13-00284.1.
- Zhou, W, Isaac M Held, and Stephen T Garner, March 2014: Parameter study of tropical cyclones in rotating radiative-convective equilibrium with column physics and resolution of a 25 km GCM. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 71(3), DOI:10.1175/JAS-D-13-0190.1.
- Bollasina, Massimo, Yi Ming, V Ramaswamy, M Daniel Schwarzkopf, and Vaishali Naik, January 2014: Contribution of Local and Remote Anthropogenic Aerosols to the 20th century Weakening of the South Asian Monsoon. Geophysical Research Letters, 41(2), DOI:10.1002/2013GL058183.
- Zhang, Rong, and Thomas R Knutson, September 2013: The role of global climate change in the extreme low summer Arctic sea ice extent in 2012 [in “Explaining Extreme Events of 2012 from a Climate Perspective”]. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 94(9), S23-S26.
- Zhao, Ming, Isaac M Held, and Gabriel A Vecchi, et al., September 2013: Robust direct effect of increasing atmospheric CO2 concentration on global tropical cyclone frequency: a multi-model inter-comparison. U.S. CLIVAR Variations, 11(3), 17-23.
- Merlis, Timothy M., Ming Zhao, and Isaac M Held, August 2013: The sensitivity of hurricane frequency to ITCZ changes and radiatively forced warming in aquaplanet simulations. Geophysical Research Letters, 40(15), DOI:10.1002/grl.50680.
- Vecchi, Gabriel A., et al., August 2013: Multi-year Predictions of North Atlantic Hurricane Frequency: Promise and limitations. Journal of Climate, 26(15), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00464.1.
- Vecchi, Gabriel A., Stephan Fueglistaler, Isaac M Held, Thomas R Knutson, and Ming Zhao, June 2013: Impacts of atmospheric temperature trends on tropical cyclone activity. Journal of Climate, 26(11), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00503.1.
- Villarini, G, and Gabriel A Vecchi, June 2013: Multiseason Lead Forecast of the North Atlantic Power Dissipation Index (PDI) and Accumulated Cyclone Energy (ACE). Journal of Climate, 26(11), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00448.1.
- Villarini, G, and Gabriel A Vecchi, May 2013: Projected Increases in North Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Intensity from CMIP5 Models. Journal of Climate, 26(10), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00441.1.
- Chen, Jan-Huey, and Shian-Jiann Lin, January 2013: Seasonal Predictions of Tropical Cyclones Using a 25-km Resolution General Circulation Model. Journal of Climate, 26(2), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00061.1.
- Turner, A J., Arlene M Fiore, Larry W Horowitz, and M Bauer, January 2013: Summertime cyclones over the Great Lakes Storm Track from 1860-2100: variability, trends, and association with ozone pollution. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 13(2), DOI:10.5194/acp-13-565-2013.
- Villarini, G, J A Smith, and Gabriel A Vecchi, January 2013: Changing Frequency of Heavy Rainfall Over the Central United States. Journal of Climate, 26(1), DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00043.1.