Research Scientist at the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL)
Faculty Member in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science, Princeton University
Courses Taught at Princeton
- Southern Ocean decadal predictability. L. Zhang, T.L. Delworth, and L. Jia, submitted to J Climate.
- The central role of ocean dynamics in connecting the North Atlantic Oscillation to the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation, Delworth et al., revised version submitted to Journal of Climate Sep, 2016
- The impact of multidecadal Atlantic meridional overturning circulation variations on the Southern Ocean. L. Zhang, T.L. Delworth, and F. Zeng. Climate Dynamics, 2016. DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3190-8
Selected Recent Papers
- The North Atlantic Oscillation as a driver of rapid climate change in the Northern Hemisphere. Nature Geoscience, 2016. T.L. Delworth et al. DOI:10.1038/ngeo2738
- The impact of the North Atlantic Oscillation on climate through its impact on the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation. Delworth, T.L. and F. Zeng, Journal of Climate, 2016. DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0396.1
- Simulated response of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation to Climate Change, L. Zhang and T. Delworth, Journal of Climate, 2016: DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0690.1.
- The Roles of Radiative Forcing, Sea Surface Temperatures, and Atmospheric and Land Initial Conditions in U.S. Summer Warming Episodes, Jia et al., Journal of Climate, 2016. DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0471.1
- Analysis of the characteristics and mechanisms of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation in a suite of coupled models from the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory. Zhang, L., and T.L. Delworth, Journal of Climate, 2015. DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00647.1.
- Simulation and Prediction of Category 4 and 5 Hurricanes in the High-Resolution GFDL HiFLOR Coupled Climate Model. Murakami, H, et al. Journal of Climate, 2015.DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0233.1.
- A link between the hiatus in global warming and North American drought. Delworth, T.L., et al., Journal of Climate, 2015. DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00616.1 One page research summary
- Improved Seasonal Prediction of Temperature and Precipitation over Land in a High-resolution GFDL Climate Model. L. Jia et al, Journal of Climate, 2015. DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00112.1.
- Seasonal predictability of extratropical storm tracks in GFDL’s high-resolution climate prediction model. X. Yang et al., 2015. Journal of Climate, DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00517.1.
- Snowfall less sensitive to warming in Karakoram than in Himalayas due to a unique seasonal cycle.S. Kapnick et al., Nature Geoscience. 2014. DOI:10.1038/ngeo2269.
- Regional rainfall decline in Australia attributed to anthropogenic greenhouse gases and ozone levels. Delworth, T.L. and F. Zeng, 2014, Nature Geoscience. DOI: 10.1038/NGEO2201 One page Summary
- A predictable AMO-like pattern in GFDL’s fully-coupled ensemble initialization and decadal forecasting system. X. Yang et al., 2013. Journal of Climate, DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00231.1.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 609-452-6565
- Mailing/Courier Address:
201 Forrestal Rd.
Princeton, NJ 08540-6649 USA