GFDL - Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Skip to content
Publications on Tropospheric Chemistry and Aerosols
- Westervelt, D M., Larry W Horowitz, Vaishali Naik, and D L Mauzerall, November 2015: Radiative forcing and climate response to projected 21st century aerosol decreases. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15(22), doi:10.5194/acp-15-12681-2015.
- Schnell, J L., M J Prather, B Josse, Vaishali Naik, and Larry W Horowitz, et al., September 2015: Use of North American and European air quality networks to evaluate global chemistry climate modeling of surface ozone. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15(18), doi:10.5194/acp-15-10581-2015.
- Emmons, L K., S R Arnold, S A Monks, V Huijnen, S Tilmes, K Law, J L Thomas, J-C Raut, I Bouarar, S Turquety, Y Long, B N Duncan, S Steenrod, S Strode, J Flemming, and Jingqiu Mao, et al., June 2015: The POLARCAT Model Intercomparison Project (POLMIP): overview and evaluation with observations. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15(12), doi:10.5194/acp-15-6721-2015.
- Lin, Meiyun, Arlene M Fiore, Larry W Horowitz, A Langford, S J Oltmans, D W Tarasick, and H E Rieder, May 2015: Climate variability modulates western US ozone air quality in spring via deep stratospheric intrusions. Nature Communications, 6, 7105, doi:10.1038/ncomms8105.
- Monks, S A., S R Arnold, L K Emmons, K Law, S Turquety, B N Duncan, J Flemming, V Huijnen, S Tilmes, J Langner, and Jingqiu Mao, et al., March 2015: Multi-model study of chemical and physical controls on transport of anthropogenic and biomass burning pollution to the Arctic.Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15(6), doi:10.5194/acp-15-3575-2015.
- Rieder, H E., Arlene M Fiore, Larry W Horowitz, and Vaishali Naik, January 2015: Projecting policy-relevant metrics for high summertime ozone pollution events over the eastern United States due to climate and emission changes during the 21st century. Journal of Geophysical Research, 120(2), doi:10.1002/2014JD022303.
- Li, X, Junfeng Liu, D L Mauzerall, L K Emmons, S Walters, Larry W Horowitz, and X Tao, November 2014: Effects of trans-Eurasian transport of air pollutants on surface ozone concentrations over Western China. Journal of Geophysical Research, 119(21), doi:10.1002/2014JD021936.
- Fiore, Arlene M., J T Oberman, Meiyun Lin, L Zhang, O E Clifton, D J Jacob, Vaishali Naik, Larry W Horowitz, J P Pinto, and G P Milly, October 2014:Estimating North American background ozone in U.S. surface air with two independent global models: Variability, uncertainties, and recommendations. Atmospheric Environment, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2014.07.045.
- Clifton, O E., Arlene M Fiore, G Correa, Larry W Horowitz, and Vaishali Naik, October 2014: 21st Century Reversal of the Surface Ozone Seasonal Cycle over the Northeastern United States. Geophysical Research Letters, 41(20), doi:10.1002/2014GL061378.
- Duncan, B N., Arlene M Fiore, and Meiyun Lin, et al., September 2014: Satellite data of atmospheric pollution for U.S. air quality applications: Examples of applications, summary of data end-user resources, answers to FAQs, and common mistakes to avoid. Atmospheric Environment, 94, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2014.05.061.
- Rotstayn, L D., E L Plymin, M A Collier, O Boucher, J-L Dufresne, J-J Luo, K von Salzen, S J Jeffrey, M-A Foujols, Yi Ming, and Larry W Horowitz, September 2014: Declining aerosols in CMIP5 projections: effects on atmospheric temperature structure and midlatitude jets. Journal of Climate, 27(18), doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00258.1.
- Shen, Z, J Liu, Larry W Horowitz, C Henze, Song-Miao Fan, and Hiram Levy II, et al., June 2014: Analysis of transpacific transport of black carbon during HIPPO-3: implications for black carbon aging. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 14(12), doi:10.5194/acp-14-6315-2014.
- Parrish, D D., J F Lamarque, Vaishali Naik, and Larry W Horowitz, et al., May 2014: Long-term changes in lower tropospheric baseline ozone concentrations: Comparing chemistry-climate models and observations at northern mid-latitudes. Journal of Geophysical Research,119(9), doi:10.1002/2013JD021435.
- Fischer, E V., D J Jacob, R M Yantosca, D B Millet, and Jingqiu Mao, et al., March 2014: Atmospheric peroxyacetyl nitrate (PAN): a global budget and source attribution. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 14(5), doi:10.5194/acp-14-2679-2014.
- Lin, Meiyun, Larry W Horowitz, S J Oltmans, Arlene M Fiore, and Song-Miao Fan, February 2014: Tropospheric ozone trends at Mauna Loa Observatory tied to decadal climate variability. Nature Geoscience, 7(2), doi:10.1038/ngeo2066.
- Bollasina, Massimo, Yi Ming, V Ramaswamy, M Daniel Schwarzkopf, and Vaishali Naik, January 2014: Contribution of Local and Remote Anthropogenic Aerosols to the 20th century Weakening of the South Asian Monsoon. Geophysical Research Letters, 41(2), doi:10.1002/2013GL058183.
- Fang, Y, D L Mauzerall, Junfeng Liu, Arlene M Fiore, and Larry W Horowitz, November 2013: Impacts of 21st century climate change on global air pollution-related premature mortality. Climatic Change, 121(2), doi:10.1007/s10584-013-0847-8.
- Fan, Song-Miao, October 2013: Modeling of observed mineral dust aerosols in the arctic and the impact on winter season low-level clouds. Journal of Geophysical Research, 118(19), doi:10.1002/jgrd.50842.
- Mao, Jingqiu, Fabien Paulot, D J Jacob, R C Cohen, J D Crounse, P O Wennberg, C A Keller, R Hudman, M P Barkley, and Larry W Horowitz, October 2013: Ozone and organic nitrates over the eastern United States: sensitivity to isoprene chemistry. Journal of Geophysical Research,118(19), doi:10.1002/jgrd.50817.
- West, J J., Vaishali Naik, and Larry W Horowitz, et al., October 2013: Co-benefits of mitigating global greenhouse gas emissions for future air quality and human health. Nature Climate Change, 3(10), doi:10.1038/nclimate2009.
- Kirschke, S, and Vaishali Naik, et al., October 2013: Three decades of global methane sources and sinks. Nature Geoscience, 6(10), doi:10.1038/ngeo1955.
- Naik, Vaishali, Larry W Horowitz, Arlene M Fiore, Paul Ginoux, Jingqiu Mao, A M Aghedo, and Hiram Levy II, July 2013: Impact of preindustrial to present day changes in short-lived pollutant emissions on atmospheric composition and climate forcing. Journal of Geophysical Research,118, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50608.
- Bollasina, Massimo, Yi Ming, and V Ramaswamy, July 2013: Earlier onset of the Indian Monsoon in the late 20th century: The role of anthropogenic aerosols. Geophysical Research Letters, 40(14), doi:10.1002/grl.50719.
- Levy II, Hiram, Larry W Horowitz, M Daniel Schwarzkopf, Yi Ming, J-C Golaz, Vaishali Naik, and V Ramaswamy, May 2013: The Roles of Aerosol Direct and Indirect Effects in Past and Future Climate Change. Journal of Geophysical Research, 118, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50192.
- Fang, Y, Vaishali Naik, Larry W Horowitz, and D L Mauzerall, February 2013: Air pollution and associated human mortality: the role of air pollutant emissions, climate change and methane concentration increases from the preindustrial period to present. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 13(3), doi:10.5194/acp-13-1377-2013.