Global Synthesis and Observations Panel Intercomparison data
The CLIVAR Global Synthesis and Observations Panel is established to:
- Develop, promote and seek to implement strategies for a synthesis of global ocean, atmosphere and coupled climate information through analysis and reanalysis efforts and through the use of other techniques where appropriate. Initial emphasis will be on global ocean synthesis efforts, building on previous experiences and developments.
- Be responsible for the definition and fulfilment of CLIVAR’s global needs for sustained observations (in collaboration with relevant WMO and IOC bodies, including GCOS, GTOS, GOOS, AOPC and OOPC, and JCOMM), and for the development of a strategy for their evolution/optimization based on new science and reanalysis insights, and fostering the use of resulting data sets in global synthesis efforts.
- Promote activities to develop the surface flux data sets required by CLIVAR in liaison with the WGNE, global atmospheric reanalysis efforts and the WCRP Working Group on Surface Fluxes.
- Provide an overview of and directions to CLIVAR data management and information activities in collaboration with other WCRP projects and in liaison with CLIVAR-relevant data centres and DACS and the ICPO.
- Liaise and collaborate with CLIVAR Panels and Working Groups in identifying the requirements for and coordinating thedevelopment of an observing system for CLIVAR.
Description of data
|name and units
Data is provided as global, basin and/or index region quantities. Which of these is indicated in the file name (ex. fw.na.198001-200712.nc is the Equivalent Freshwater Content for the North Atlantic) Ifno spatial domain information is specified in the file name then the data is global monthly mean data.